Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Bells Elementary School will no longer host an in-person Round-Up registration event this spring. The registration process for the 2020-2021 school year will take place entirely online starting April 7. This early registration process helps the district plan for enrollment growth and staffing needs.
To register your child for pre-k or kindergarten, click here. If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Ivers at email@example.com.
Students currently attending the Bells Elementery Pre-K program do not have to apply; however, if you do not intend for your child to return to BES in the fall for kindergarten, please contact your child's teacher.
Eligibility for Pre-Kindergarten
- Be 4 years old on or before September 1st and
- Limited English proficient because a language other than English is the primary language spoken in the home. Students qualifying by language will be tested to determine placement in the program, or
- Qualify according to the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Parents must bring proof of income (documentation for at least one month of income). Proof of income can include current check stubs, child support statement of payment, SNAP qualification letter, etc. All those who qualify by income at spring registration must have their income re-verified in August at the pre-k campus they will attend, or
- Be homeless, or
- Is or has ever been in conservatorship of the Dept. of Family and Protective Services, or
- Is the dependent child of an active U.S. Armed Forces member, or the dependent of a U.S. Armed Forces member that has been injured or killed while on active duty, or
- Is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
Parents/Guardians can register online beginning April 1. Once Bells Elementary resumes normal operations, you will need to bring the following documents to the BES office to verify registration:
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Original Social Security card for the child
- Proof of address such as a utility bill (a fixed utility bill indicating service at a verifiable address within the boundaries of Bells ISD. (i.e.: natural gas, electricity, or water service). Phone, cable, internet, or satellite services are not considered fixed utilities and cannot be considered), or lease agreement
- Record of shots
- Proof of income (PreK only, not Kindergarten; 2 months of income)
Please provide a copy of any of the acceptable documents to campus personnel.
Acceptable documentation of earnings (wages and salary) include:
- Current paycheck stub or
- Current pay envelope or
- Letter from employer stating gross wages paid and how often they are paid or
- Unemployment, Worker’s Compensation or Disability payment stub.
Acceptable documentation for self-employment income include:
- Business or farming documents, such as ledger books and/or self-issued paycheck stub or
- Last year’s tax return (self-employment).
Acceptable documentation for cash income include:
- A letter from the employer stating wages paid and frequency.
Acceptable documentation for eligibility for Star of Texas Award:
- Resolution (certificate) awarded to an individual serves as proof of eligibility to enroll these children in free prekindergarten if they are age-eligible.